View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2five View Post
There is so much information and questions swirling around in my head, perhaps what I am looking for is: "What was your WHY for being on the medication you have chosen?" How do you believe it works with your body for health?

I want to take control of the decision this time. My neurologist made the Avonex decision for me back in 3/05...and I want to be in the driver seat this time.

Brenda
Good for you, Brenda. I finally got to that point, too. It's MY body....and I am the one who has MS.....so I'M going to make the calls on my treatment. Our neurologists work FOR us and we should be the ones to make the decision on which therapy to use, if any.

When I was newly dx the Neuro I was seeing then told me Copaxone was the best to start out on. It wasn't an Interferon and had minimal side effects. I started out with that one but my next MRI showed progression so I stopped taking it.

I was with a new Neuro at this point and he wanted me to start Tysabri but I wasn't ready for that one! He then suggested Betaseron so I started it. I still had some signs of progression on my MRI after being on that one for a year so I stopped that one, too (on my own...no Neuro suggestions).

I had read alot about LDN and wanted to try it so I began in August of this year. I am up to the maximum dosage now and it has really helped me more than I ever expected it to. I'm so glad, too, because I didn't want to use Interferons anymore. I was ready to just go off all therapy's if LDN didn't help.

I wanted to try LDN because I was tired of injecting myself with toxic chemicals only to have side effects that were as bad if not worse then the MS sx. I feel so much better on LDN....I have energy, I feel better and sleep better.....I just can't endorse it enough.

Everyone has to decide what's best for them.....and this choice works for me.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-31-2008), mom2five (10-31-2008), SallyC (11-04-2008)