View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2five View Post
There is so much information and questions swirling around in my head, perhaps what I am looking for is: "What was your WHY for being on the medication you have chosen?" How do you believe it works with your body for health?

I want to take control of the decision this time. My neurologist made the Avonex decision for me back in 3/05...and I want to be in the driver seat this time.

Brenda
Hi Brenda, and welcome to NT.

I have had MS for sure since 1991, and probably a lot earlier . . . I liked denial.

There were no meds available when I first found out, so I didn't see the point in dwelling on what "might" be in my future. By the time I was knocked into reality, I had had the disease a long time, and was still doing ok (compared to many who had it for much less time, and/or were on the meds), so I didn't see the point in changing what I was doing in a big way.

I had reduced my stress level (got out of Mgmt), tried to eat better/exercise more, cut out dairy, AVOIDED/treated the first sign of INFECTION (to the best of my ability), etc. That might have helped to keep me relatively stable, and even now my neuro says there is no drug on the market that is proven specifically helpful for spinal lesions (which are my main issue).

I was basically left to my own devices, and found people talking about LDN. My doc was not keen on rxing it, but after a big fight where I threatened to get it off the internet from Mexico, he finally gave in. I've been on LDN (alone) for about 3 1/2 yrs now.

LDN has been a miracle drug for me ... BUT it does not save me from myself. It is still very important to not push ourselves too hard (as tempting as it is at times), and to TREAT infection immediately.

My recommendation is for people to try Copaxone with LDN ... for double protection. Sometimes people can't handle one or the other, in which case you have no choice . . . but if you have the choice, why not do "everything that you can"? I would suggest you adapt to ONE drug first though (for at least 3 months), and then try to introduce the other.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-31-2008), mom2five (10-31-2008)