Thread: Koala...
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thank you so much Alffe and BMW for the anniversary wishes. We had the most fabulous time away. It was actually 3 days ago now.....where did that time go to???

We went to a little seaside town on the Tasmanian NE coast, and it was so nice. We had a cottage overlooking the water, and the motel had a wonderful seafood restaurant attached, so we ate very well. Too well really! We even had champagne.....I love champagne!

We went for lots of walks along the foreshore and although I'd hoped to see a platypus while we were away, that didn't eventuate. We did see kookaburras, and some beautiful black swans, even some rabbits, but no platypi. Unfortunately there were plenty of Australian native animals dead along the roadsides, and that was a bit sad, but to make up for it a bit, we saw some beautiful native flowers in full bloom, including some delicate native orchids. It's spring here so an excellent time to see all the flowers.

There were several routes that would have taken us where we were going, but the one we chose went over the mountains. I wanted to visit the township where my father was born and raised, hence the reason for going that way.

I'm not a good passenger at any time, and I did get quite frightened at times because the drop on my side of the car was very steep. Needless to say we chose a different route coming home.

Coming back we took almost every turn right and left and explored all along the coast. We saw lots of vineyards but as it was only 10am when we got to the wineries, it was much too early to start wine tasting. Maybe we'll call in next time. We almost got to see a big lavendar farm, but we got half way in....the road was being resurfaced, and rather than get covered in tar, we decided to give that a miss as well. Our tourist guide information said it wasn't open until December for visitors anyway, which I find unusual seeing my lavendar is in full bloom right now.

I've now added some Tasmanian photos to my Australia album on my profile page, including some I took on this trip ....... if anyone is interested in scenery type pictures.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (11-03-2008), Twinkletoes (10-31-2008)