View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macophile View Post
Wow. That is absolutly amazing. Maybe there is something in the eat six small meals a day idea. It might be worth trying if it works so well.

My problem is that it is Halloween, and now that we have set up the candy it is so tempting (Especially the idea of eating that for lunch). I have already given in and had a little.... Anyone know where I can buy some willpower?
OH MY GOD!!!

I'm shocked as heck that NO ONE CAUGHT MY MISTAKE ABOUT MY DOSAGE OF LANTUS.

I don't take 118 o the Lantus each morning.

I TAKE 18 UNITS.

My sugar reading was 118.

I got my sugar reading confused with my Lantus dosing.

I must really be getting senile.

lol

P.S. This afternoon, I had a yogurt for lunch, followed by one piece of some kind of Japanese Spinach Roll. Not a lot of food, I know.

At 3 p.m. I took my sugar. It was 104. I took my water and went around the corner to a friend's house. I felt absolutely fine.

I left to come home at 5 p.m. I started shaking. I got in the house and took my sugar reading. It was 60.

I immediately ate my dinner salad and my fish and veggies.

I felt fine.

I'll take it right now.

(Using the precision xtra meter, it just read 166). If I use my One Touch Ultra mini, it will probably say 140 or 138. Big difference in these meters.

And if I have a cup of coffee with my slice of multigrain toast with some sugar free jam, I bet tomorrow it will read 110.

I called up the One Touch people because I couldn't understand the discrepancy between the meters (this conversation took place last week.)

I was told "You can take your reading from each finger, it will never be the same. You can be assured although, that the One Touch Ultra mini will give you an actual calibrated result".

I think I'll stick with the One Touch Ultra Mini. The next time I'm due to get new strips, I think I'll get the ones for the One Touch.

I mean, why not?? If I take two separate readings and they are 20 points apart, I'd rather have a 138 than a 158, right??

lol

I swear, I never saw two meters so different.

and I ran the control tests on each one of them. Using their own control solutions. They both passed.

My friend also has the One touch Ultra mini and she agrees. Her readings are always less then when she uses her other meters.

As long as my blood pressure is good and I can take my walks and as I continue to lose weight (I have about 40 more lbs, although one would never tell by looking at me), maybe someday I'll reach my weight goal.

Wouldn't it be amazing if I could go off insulin and hit my goal weight?

My goal is to eat meals evenly spaced and to keep my insulin levels even. One can only hope.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dorrie (10-31-2008), Twinkletoes (11-01-2008)