View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new to this - need words of wisdom?

Hi there;
Im new here and am looking for some advice. - I had total knee replacement in Dec 07 gone bad - then came down with RSD in my knee. I cannot regain flex or extension, on severe pain meds, etc. Today I went to my neurologist as I have been having jerks effecting my legs and arms as I fall to sleep and thought I should get it checked out. The dr after examining me, stated she believes its restless leg - but then went on to state she wants me tested for neuropathy. My foot at times feels as if it has been asleep - tingling, burning, and electrical shock feelings but I had chalked it up to residue from my RSD knee on the same leg. Can anyone give me ideas as to where I can find good information regarding this Neuropathy? Also - the dr has made an appt for me to have nerve testing done in her office in a week for Neuropathy - can you give me an idea as to what the tests are like? She just stated it would take about an hour - She was having a bunch of blood workup done first, before the test. I wasnt prepared to walk out of the dr office with restless leg diagnoses besides the discussion of neuropathy. Well, guess I can say my life is not boring..... any advice is most welcome - thanks.
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote