View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
You know, like Ida Morgenstern on TV: "No, no, you all go and have a good time, I'll be fine here alone scrubbing the ceiling with a toothbrush. If it flares up again (cough, cough, wince) I'll just call an ambulance or something."

There's a huge difference between the people I admire who just keep plugging along with a cheerful (or at least philosophical) attitude, and those who paste on a phony smile, heave a pathetic little sigh, and say "No, no, don't feel bad about not helping. You just stay home and...rest. The swelling has almost gone down around my incision anyway."

You just described my MIL to a "T"!!! Heaven forbid you should have something to be happy about.....she'll find a way to crush it!

She doesn't even know (that I am aware of) that I have MS. We don't communicate often.....hardly ever, actually.

But I do know what you mean, B2Y. I try really hard not to be the martyr. And I did a really good job two days ago when I got totally fed up with the bathroom the boys use looking like a football locker room. I started to just go clean it myself. But then I thought about it and told both boys, together, that they were more than capable of doing it themselves and I had better things to do with my time (not sure what....but it sounded good ). Instead of acting all "woe is me" and sighing loudly while scrubbing the tub, I just told them that they better keep it clean or I would hire someone to do it and they would pay for it!! Money talks!! It's so clean now you could eat off the floor!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (11-01-2008), Koala77 (11-01-2008)