View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post

You know, like Ida Morgenstern on TV: "No, no, you all go and have a good time, I'll be fine here alone scrubbing the ceiling with a toothbrush. If it flares up again (cough, cough, wince) I'll just call an ambulance or something.
OH! now that is a horse of a different color.

I know folks like that, and its more about the sympathy vote, then getting their job done. They need to be the center of attention, and have folks dancing around them to tell them how brave they are. Have a neighbor like that now. ONE day after coming home from a complete hyst, she INSISTED on going on the boat ride that was planned by the neighbors. She was nauseous and in pain, yet insisted on a boat ride on a choppy lake. it was cold that day, and several couples were going to the lil island to have a light lunch. She made this big dramatic display of hanging onto the railings, and singing the OMG song all the way over. instead of the rest of us relaxing, enjoying the trip, and the event, we spent the afternoon comforting her. We offered several times to turn back and walk her back home, but "no no! I will forge onward. I dont want to ruin the good time. Truly, I am just fine." as she grabs the rail, and whines OMG. OMG OMG. So, YES! she ruined the day for the rest of us. "can you come help me unwrap my sandwhich?" Like the saran wrap was complicated or something.

I completely agree. If you are sucking it up, doing what you have to do, and moving forward. you go girl! if you are just coming out to seek pats on the back for being brave, and asking the rest of us to carry you through the event, because you shouldnt be here....please go back to bed!

Thanks for clearning it up!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (11-01-2008)