View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, Mrs. D. what an interesting article. I do thank you.

I go to Cornell on the 6th of November and I will bring up that article. I'll run it by them if I can do the skipping the shot in the a.m. and eating lunch and testing, (and the other ways to test also).

I was VERY interested in the end of one of the pages where it said that STRESS has a big effect on insulin levels.

Whenever my son calls or emails, I get physically ill (not an easy thing to admit on any message board, believe me). My stomach shuts down, and I don't GO.

I've learned to de-stress and because I eat the FAGE yogurt, well my stomach has never been better. I don't even use the total recommended dosage of benefiber either. I can do this once a day instead of 3 times a day (in my beverages).

I do however eat sprouts, and broccoli every single day. I eat my veggies, my fish and I drink my water.

Lately my sugar readings are getting MUCH better. I attribute this to my doing the 3 lb dumbells every other day (Cornell said that weight strenghtening exercise are beneficial for diabetes and for the bones). So I've been doing this.

I am testing which foods make it go up and which foods make it go down. Yogurt definitely makes it go down. I must remember to eat a balanced lunch, and not just a cup of yogurt. And because I go for long walks, well that is exercise and you HAVE TO EAT if you exercise.

I'm still a work in progress.

AND I HIT THE BIG 61 on Election Day.

To think that 20 years ago, I walked with a cane, weighed over 300 lbs and landed in the emergency room because I couldn't move my legs or get out of bed.

The emergency room doctor looked at me disgustingly when I said "why can' I move my legs, my knees are killing me"????

He just gave me a sneer and said "What the hell do you expect, look at you, you are morbidly obese". I didn't get it then.

I get it now.

Still a work in progress (BUT I AM MAKING PROGRESS).

Down to a size 12 and yesterday I WORE STRIPES.

Imagine that. Me in stripes.

glory be!!!

Thanks for all the good information. You are a doll!!!

Mel (or as they called me in school )

MELODY-BELLS

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote