View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

247Pain,

I am so sorry to hear about everything that your daughter and yourself are going through . I have RSD in my left leg and right arm, I developed it when I was 12 years old after an ankle sprain, I am now 13.

Like your daughter, I have tried many treatments to try and get rid of some of this pain but nothing seems to help that much. I have been onto 2 intense Physical Therapy programs, the first program helped with my mobility a bit but didn't take any of the pain away and the second one didn't help at all. I am due to return back onto the program in January to have my leg casted, which you are not supposed to do with RSD. The only med that has helped with my pain is Ketamine, which I am now on. It takes my pain down from an 8 and a half out of 10 on the pain scale to a 6 but I get horrible side effects where I feel and act like I am drunk!!

If you or your daughter would like to talk, I am more than happy to help you and tell you my experiences. I know how scary it can be dealing with this illness.

I hope you get some answers soon and Welcome to Neurotalk!!

Alison