View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
There are times I wish I was wearing some sort of cast to let people know I am still injured. There are no visual cues for the external world to see that someone with a brain injury is not completely healed.

It isn't sympathy I am looking for, it is understanding. Perhaps that is why I am participating in these forums. It is one of the only places where someone with a brain injury can feel as though they are understood by others.

A lot of times out in the rest of the world I feel as though I am going crazy. I start to question myself. Then I read something someone has written on here that mirrors some of the struggles I am going thru. Suddenly I don't feel so alone.

Anyone else feel that way?
Hey, I know exactly what you're going through. I'm currently into my third week of PCS symptoms and they're everything from mundane tiredness to unmanageable panic attacks and anxiety not to mention foggy memory and concentration issues. After the second week i thought my symptoms were wearing away until just a few days ago when all of a sudden those symptoms began to reveal itself in the most relentless form. I began to panic and it seemed like i was losing all hope and a notion of despair started to sink in. What helps me through all the amplified gloom and sickness is talking to friends and family and also focusing on the notion that the symptoms will subside within a rational time frame, and that eventually you me and everyone else will eventually get back to normal whether its next week or next month. If you want a good and positive insight into PCS, that has helped me cope and deal with the symptoms i suggest you take a look at this link.. I hope and know that you will feel better in time. Good luck>
JakeWaves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote