View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

Did you phase it out gradually?? Or did you stop taking it abruptly??

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosulepin_hydrochloride
Quote:
Whilst Dosulepin is not addictive, it should not be stopped suddenly as there is a risk of initial withdrawal symptoms which may be mistaken for some of the original indications for the drug:
- Nausea
- Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Headache
- Giddiness
- Chills
- Insomnia
- Anxiety
I take another class of drugs (Effexor XR) that can cause symptoms for months if withdrawn rapidly. I'm not saying that that's what's happening to you. But, if you stopped abruptly (without doctor's supervision), it's possible that you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

One thing that you might want to discuss with your doctor is starting up the drug again and ramping down toward stopping VERY SLOWLY (like one every other day or every second day) until you've stopped totally.

I'm no expert (IN ANYTHING) -- just going by my own life experience. If you had no sleep deficits before taking the drug and you now have them after stopping the drug, it sorta seems that discontinuing is what's causing your symptoms.

Talk with your doctor and see if it would be worthwhile to start the drug again and discontinue VERY SLOWLY this time.

Good luck.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote