View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

More detox fallout...I took a VA disability hearing test --- twice.

One test is tones and the other is a "word" test. Maryland CNC or something like that. The dr. told me I had to answer before the next test sentence started or the test was over.

I came home from the first test and told my family I had a lot of trouble with being able to recognize some words. Not sure why.

After the second hearing test, Oct.24th, I came home and told them the problem is my cognitive skills. A side effect (for me) of the long term use of opiates. I can't remember nouns. The word "cowboy" was used in the word test. I heard cowboy....click, whirr my mind was processing it ...clank clank....yeah, I think that was cowboy, then by the time my brain told my mouth to say it, the next sentence was starting. I can no longer multi-task. Another apparent side effect of opiates.

I can tell you more of my problems, but let me summarize it by saying the first doctor said:
"Test reports are not reportable for adjudicative purposes at this time. Pure tone and speech testing was attempted; however, reliability of the test results was fair to poor due to inconsistent respones from Veteran. During testing he continually responded with half word SRT responses, extreme hesitation and inconcsistent responses. Behovioral testing was not consistent with DPOAE results (which do not require patient participation) indicating a misrepresentation of his hearing ability (padding thresholds). Vet's behavior indicated nonorganic indicated nonorganic tendencies."

SHE STATED IN WRITING THAT I WAS CHEATING AND MALINGERING. She and I and the California State Bd of Medical Review have a future date, she just doesn't know it yet.
She is NOT qualified to test and evaluate someone coming off long term opiates.

WATCH OUT AND WARN YOUR FRIENDS.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (11-16-2008)