View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If it's nerve entrapment aka nerve impingement then it wouldn't respond to a block or meds. The only way I know of to relieve the problems from that is to have surgery to release the nerve.

An emg shouldn't hurt. I had one and other than muscle soreness for a couple of days I was ok. The neuro I was seeing did it from lower back to ankles. I see mostly ones that have touch sensitivity find emg's really painful. I'm glad I didn't have it then, just air sensitivity. :-)

If it is something to do with tissues or whatnot then an MRI would show if anything is wrong. A bone scan will show bone changes, if any, but that's the extent of it. Oh it'd also show any healing fractures in the bone. My knee was fractured but had been diagnosed as "only badly bruised". If I'd known it was broken then I sure as heck wouldn't have been walking on it a week and a half later! LOL

Not responding to a sympathetic block doesn't mean you don't have rsd either. From the research I've done not getting relief could mean the pain is independent.

Does your daughter have skin discoloration? Like turning very red or purplish/bluish colors? Does the temp of her skin in the area feel very cold or very hot? Those signs are "usually" at the top of the list with rsd, along with pain, swelling and touch and/or air sensitivity.

I hope the docs can get to the bottom of what's wrong and be able to fix it. Hoping even more she really doesn't have rsd.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote