View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi summertime,

one thing to remember with phys/therapy is NOT to let them ever put ice on your rsd parts.....many therapists like to use it but it's about the worst thing u can do to yourself......likewise, there r several of us here who didn't do well with contrast baths, so be guided by your own response if that's suggested.

i've seen several p/t's over the years and was never too impressed by my results until last year when i started with aquatic therapy....like rmsully posted, u r able to do things u simply can't do on dry land.

doing the exercises in water feels safer to me - if i fall, my hair gets wet, but no damage is done......the warm water therapy (pool is kept at 88 degrees) has improved my balance and strength......the change isn't dramatic, but i'm a bit better in those areas.

the best part of working in a pool is that i have far less pain while i'm actually in the water......that effect wears off quickly once i'm on dry land, but it's so nice to get some relief.

i hope you'll have a chance to try aquatic therapy.....just remember that you'll need the water at 85 degrees or warmer.......good luck with your p/t.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (11-11-2008)