View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Barb,
OK! I'll have to bring my camera and post some pics. And I totally agree about everything you said. In my first school, my class had first, second, and third graders and who knows...like 40 kids in the class? Maybe more? One teacher taught us all, I have no idea how. But it was never loud or chaotic or whatnot. Our grocery store had what you needed, I didn't have to choose between 30 brands of butter and margarine...I don't even want to guess how many brands of cereal now. Just seems to clutter your head. Your son's old rooming house sounds like heaven.

Keg,
I guess it could be 'theraputic', lots of things are too I guess...the way cool thing about fishing is this is one of the few things involving social stuff that he can do with success - it is one of the few things involving social stuff that he is on an EVEN PLAYING FIELD for...know what I mean? He has no advantage or disadvantage due to his neurology. That's really my entire goal for him with the RDI I'm always talking about, I just want to even the playing field for him, give him as much (neurological/social) equipment as possible so he can have a stinkin chance in this world. Ya know? And, fishing as well as all animals he's familiar with, give me some great analogies for explaining things to him and him really understanding.

GranolaGirl,
Vince has dreams he's a merman, 'mates' with a harem or mermaids, and has thousands of baby....merrats!!! They all swim and play together and have tons of fun. I'm telling ya, I'm getting more and more ****** at myself for not writing down all of his dreams, they are so awesome - visually they're spectacular as he describes them, very detailed, and best of all he is either defeating 'bad guys' and monsters and being a hero, or he is just having a great time. Makes me so happy he doesn't have 'victim' dreams and so on. He really soars in his dreams, it's beautiful.
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote