View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, I WISH I could talk to the anesthesiologist. I won't be seeing him or her until the day of surgery.

I DID talk with the pre-surgery nurse practitioner about all of this. She said I could take 10 mg. Valium AND opiates for migraine, if needed. She must know what she's talking about, I would hope?

I've filled out several forms listing the meds that I take. I've talked this over with several nurses who work in the surgeon's practice. (They barely give me ANY time with the surgeon, so it's quite frustrating.)

I've never before been to a hospital that was so CHAOTIC. It really is scary. (I definitely want to be "safe" rather than "sorry"---believe me!).

One thing to note is that I'll be taking my meds at about 6:30 am, and surgery is not until noon. My meds only last 4 hours, so anything I take should have worn off by noon. (I've ASKED about any lingering effects, but the nurses KEEP telling me that I have NOTHING to worry about). That must be true, because they wouldn't want me to DIE at their hospital---at least I hope not!

I truly cannot believe the CHAOS at this hospital. That's what scares me. I have no idea IF I'm worrying unnecessarily, OR if I may have CAUSE to worry. Either way, it's SCARY enough just to have to have this AWFUL surgery.

Thanks for your reply.

Eva
Eva 14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote