View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I'm new; recently diagnosed; and so so confused!

I went to see a neurologist over what I thought was a pinched nerve somewhere causing my right side from my belly button down to go numb. Now, weeks later and on my favorite holiday no less the results come back to MS.

Like most people who are diagnosed with an incurable disease that has no definite cause I am scared, confused, and trying to figure out with all of the troubles I have had over the years how long I have been living with this. And a part of me is angry. I'm mad that I can't be mad. I can't be mad at my mom for giving me these genes, I can't be mad at myself for some foolish mistake I made, I just can't be mad. But I can fight. They say knowledge is power and I am absorbing as much information as I possibly can.

One thing I am not seeing, maybe you guys can help me with. I have been very stressed out for the last few days between work, being a mom, trying to get enrolled for classes next semester and now this. It seems the more I stress the more my body aches. I woke up this morning in so much pain that it was a struggle to get out of the bed. I am 27 years old. Is anyone else experiencing sever joint pain that seems associated with MS and does it seem to increase with stress?

Also my Neuro is recommending Rebif. For anyone who is on it or has taken it, how did it effect you?
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote