View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vowel Lady,

You are so right. It is very uncommon to find it being discussed so I am glad to see Jess posting about it and yourself as well. I should have clarified earlier that it was my Reproductive Endocrinologist who referred me to the Urogyn for this. And I should have added that I have a hysterectomy and have minor prolapses. But it was my spinal PM in conjunction with the Urogyn that sorted this out. In any case, it took a LONG time to sort it through it. So I know what you mean by some doctors not really knowing what is causing it. You and Jess are right. It takes a very specialized PT to do the work. I asked my Urogyn, since he keeps a list, how many there were in Indy. And at that point in time there were only 6. Friends and family have asked me before how I could possibly proceed with this; felt that it was an embarassement or awkward or however one wants to put it. Well, it is a bit embarassing BUT once I got past that it was nothing and I really learned alot from this PT. The thing is I am glad I went through with it because I almost didn't. I just couldn't fathom how it would or could help. But it certainly did.

Jess, another thing I use is a coccyx cushion ONLY when driving. But that is mainly due to the fractured tailbone. But it does help with the other. The other thing is a lumbar roll that the PT advised using. When I use that it pushes me up and forward taking the pressure so to speak off painful areas. I am not quite sure these two things would help in your case; just saying the help me due to the lumbar/sacral and tailbone issues. But the dilator is the most helpful.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote