View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi, Legz! Welcome to NeuroTalk!

I'm glad you found us, you'll find our community has a lot to offer and we will help you make the transition. Before you know it, this will all seem a little mundane so hang on and keep asking your questions.

Yes, stress and worry will definitely effect your body and there is no easy answer for how to control that. The long and short of it is to find your personal ways to control those emotional reactions to the events that tend to raise your stress levels. Yes, easier said than done, but if you can push a baby out, you can do anything!

It will be very important to keep your neuro informed of changes so please do not be afraid to call in any symptoms that become troublesome. I recommend that you purchase a dedicated day planner and scratch in a little description of your condition every single day. This timeline will be invaluable to you and your neuro.

This is a difficult time for anyone, no matter the age or phase of life, so please don't let yourself believe that you are ever overreacting to this junk. It doth sucketh but you will definitely find your pace and learn to gauge everything accordingly.

Don't forget to laugh and savor the good moments, life is not over, it's just a little different now.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (11-03-2008), Jappy (11-03-2008), SallyC (11-02-2008), weegot5kiz (11-02-2008)