View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hi Legzz and welcome to NeuroTalk!

You'll find that all of us here with MS have a variety of different sx on any given day. I've had the joint pain sx, too. It's no fun.

I've been on Betaseron which is an Interferon just as Rebif is. I no longer take it but I believe Rebif is a shot three times a week while Beta is every other day.

I depend on Aleve when general pain becomes a little too much.

I try to take as little meds as possible....seems they just have side effects that are as irritating to deal with as the disease itself.

Stress can definitely affect you and cause MS sx to flare up. I haven't found a way to eliminate stress so everyone just has to find their own ways of dealing with it. Whatever works for you is the best way.

I started out with what I thought was a pinched nerve (both my legs were numb) and before I could get a definite answer it went away so I just assumed that's what I had. Two years went by with no sx. Then....double vision and I had to find out what was going on. The dx came back as MS which, as strange as it sounds, was a relief to me since I had done alot of Internet research and had all but dx myself with a brain tumor!! MS was the lesser of two evils I guess!

It's alot to take in but soon you'll develop your own coping strategies and MS will just be another part of life for you. I'm glad you found this site and joined us here. Most of us try to have as much fun as we can.....MS is an inconvenience but it doesn't have to rule your life. You let it know who's boss!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by Kitty; 11-02-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-02-2008), weegot5kiz (11-02-2008)