View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Questions for those with RSD 5 years or more

Hi, I hope this finds everyone well this Sunday morning. It is beautiful in Orlando. Cold, by our standards, in the 50"s a real treat and a nice break from the afternoon thunderstorms that cause us all so much trouble.

My interest in starting this thread is that people are always asking me "well what happens Next". Whats the long term prognosis? We are the answers to those questions. Just as when some one asks me what are the long term effects of so much ketamine. We are the test subjects that will be reporting that.
I'm hoping to find out if there are any similarities, common ground, especially in the area of the pain . How many of the original components are still with you, the sweating, the outward signs of red molting or blue, thin limbs or swollen limbs. And all of the above questions following use of your affected area.

I am hoping that those of us with RSD for 5 years or more would feel like helping me complete a small study of sorts. In the end, i think it might be helpful for all of us, and helpful to those that are not here yet.

I am interested in general and specific knowledge of how you are coping now. Which are the predominate features that dominate know. what type of pain. How consistent. What has changed in terms of your pain form previous years.
How active are you able to be, and if so what are the consequences if you go over that safe active time?
How weak are your affected limbs?
Which therapy modalities have helped the most? which have you stuck with , physical therapy, psychotherapy, tens machine etc.
Meds, whats working- have your meds increased or decreased.
Ability to work?

And if not is it due to meds as well as pain from RSD?

Please add as many elements as you can think of that I have not mentioned. I am going to post on braintalk too. I will post the results together. I hoping to see some type of pattern. Thank you so much in advance if you feel like sharing some of your experiences. sincerely, cz
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote