View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default so sorry for your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
First a little background info. I had a back injury in 6/06. First diagnosed with herniated discs and cts. I began having numbness to both lower extremities much worse to the left. Nerve conduction studies showed impinged nerve l5-s1, radiculopathy, sensorimotor polyneuropathy, mod to severe cts both hands/arms. I was having an intense burning pain in my legs and feet, stabbing at times and nothing helped. the skin on my lower left leg has turned a dark red, the area is hardened, my leg/foot swells and I have decreased rom. I had pain in both legs but much more intense on the left, it hurts for my pants to touch it, or the bed sheets, the hair grows like crazy and now I have an ulcer.
The pain has gotten so severe that I can hardly take it. It still burns but there are lightening like stabs of pain. It seems to get worse later in the day and at times eases off so I can rest. Even though I have an ulcer I don't think the pain is coming from the ulcer (well at least not all of it) because I am beginning to feel some pain in the right ankle now as well. I will tell you I have a history of varicose veins, superficial phlebitis and lymph disease (causes swelling).
My circulation was tested and found to be fine. My question is, can this be crps and if so could it have been induced by the neuropathy? I never had any of this pain prior to the back injury.
If anyone out there can provide any info please do. I am so distressed by this. I have been dealing with the pain pretty well up until now. Is it normal for crps pain to be severe one minute and then calm down for a short time then start all over again/ I never know when the sever pain will hit. Sometimes I do not sleep very much due to the pain.
Definitiely sounds like RSD, could you tell me more about your ulcer, I have had several. Where is it located, how did it begin? and how long has it been there? If you post your city, I am sure someone would recommend a doctor who could recognize RSD if he/she saw it. If you are just getting rsd immediate treatment is critical!!!! it can be cured in the first 6 months only. Worried about you! CZ
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote