View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Nov 2-8, 2008

Hi Everyone..It looks like the rainy season is starting in the Pacific Northwest..Unlike New England the weather has been mild here..Ill bet it cold back in the Northeast

It has been a very good week for me and Laura in alot of respects, but there have been some tough times as well..Laura hasnt had a good week physically, and has had some extremely challenging days..The kind of challenges that make you feel absolutely powerless, and bring you to tears..She did get into her Neuro this past week, and they finally are starting to listen to her concerns about her pd..They tried to re-program her DBS, and one side responed, and the other side didnt, so obviously theres something wrong with her DBS..And while she was getting programed, something went horribley wrong, and she got shocked twice, and shocked real bad the second time..It was excruciating to watch..I dont know what that guy did, but it was some scarey..So the long and short of it is, that one of the DBS leads is evidently in the wrong place, but I will let Laura talk about that..Anyway, your prayers would be much appreciated

We did some sight seeing, went to this ice cream place, that I cant remember the name of at the moment, where you create your own ice cream cone or dish..Cold Stone somethinerotha?..Absolute ice cream heaven!..And Laura and her granddaughter were having a ball making fun of my New England accent, again, trying to teach me how to pronouce my "r's"..and I couldnt do it..They said I talk like Ray Romano!!..Da noive!!

Ohh..And what I said last week about us not beginning a relationship now?..Uhhh.......Nevermind

Yesterday we went to the Hope Conference, and we had a great time..Got to meet some new people from the forum..I met Darryl aka Dbiker, and his wife Silvia, as well as Rosebud's friend Max..Great people who were a pleasure to meet..The six of us went out to eat after the conference, and we had a great time!..I got to see Jean B again, and Greg and AJ..Talked to Greg for a while, about this n' that, and about how he met AJ and how Laura and I met..I also met some of Laura's friends, and she introduced me to Bill Bell..So it has been a great week, and Im so happy that I came out here..I am going to stay longer than originally planned..Turns out they are going to get Laura in for an MRI and a CT Scan on the 10th, and she has to be in Seattle at about 6:00 am, and she didnt have anyone to drive her there..I was scheduled to get a flight back home on the 6th..So I am going to stay longer so she can make that appointment and get the ball rolling here, and hopefully get this DBS thing straightened out, so she can enjoy some better quality of health and life that she deserves..that we all deserve..Some hope!

Time to go and get ready to go to church..Im not much of a church go-er, but I certainly have alot to pray for, and alot to be thankful, and grateful for..Sounds like the appropriate thing to do this morning

How was your week/