Thread: We need help!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We need help!!!

I am posting this for Laura aka Harley..She has been having a very tough time walking, and basically performing the basic tasks to function in her daily life..Ive been staying with her the past 10 days, and I now know the reality of her situation..She has been through the wringer with the Drs in this area, and has gone through a mis-dx in 2001 where she was told she did not have pd, but an anxiety disorder..So they weaned her off all her meds only to find out the they were mistaken..Then they zapped the living hell out of her trying to program her DBS last week, that per a CT Scan they did back in June, claimed that there were no abnormalities in, however, they now know that something is wrong when they attempted to program her left side and got zero results from it..They then looked at the same CT Scan they did back in June and now claim that theres a DBS lead in the wrong location..Bottom line, we know theres something wrong with her DBS, and enough is enough..Its time to get to the bottom of this, and get something done, and get it done right..My flight home is scheduled for Thu the 6th, and theres no way I can go back home and leave her here alone..Shes got no one here to give her the care she needs right now, and she does have a problem with anxiety..We know what anxiety does to pd, and she has a number of stressful situations to deal with, other than her health, and every other day, something rears its ugly head, and she goes down for the count, hard..She has fought hard for years, and Ive seen times when she has wanted to give up, and to be quite honest, there are times when I cant find the words to encourage her to keep fighting, because I can see the pain, the despair, and the frustration in her eyes, and it is breaking my heart to watch it..I will take her back home with me if I have to, because there is absolutely no way I am going to leave her here alone in the condition she is in..She cant be here alone period..Somehow she needs to get into the Cleveland Clinic, where the best DBS Drs are..She has excellent health coverage..We would appreciate it if anyone knows how long the process of getting her in there takes, and exactly what is involved?..Where can you stay that is affordable in the area?..Does anyone know anyone who can pull some strings to get this thing rolling ASAP?..She has to get it right this time, because she cant go on living like this anymore, and especially when theres hope that someone can get that damned DBS fixed, and she can enjoy a better quality of life

Thank You in advance for your thoughts