Thread: I dont know
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Iffynah,
I had the shooting pain too. stabbing knife like and electrical shocks shoot thru me and raise head off the pillow. The only thing that stopped the shocks, stabs, etc were anti-seizure meds. I was on neurotin 3200 mg. That's an extremely high dosage, but the only way the shocks, stabbing pains would stop. Doc, started low and had to keep gradually going up. After about 3 years or more, I switched to Lyrica, same type of drug, newer on the market, maybe 2 years or so. I like it better, take 300 mg. works better for pain, was able to reduce vicodin, and less tired and snowed feeling. Both , for me, were weight gainers. Others have said the same. I've started moving more, and have lost 10 lbs. Only 40 more to go, but can and will do it.
I like the heating pad too. I also use soft gloves at night or while outside. The softie socks I like to in the winter.
The only thing that helped me get range of motion back was PT Both shoulders are good now but keep at it and stretch. Swimming is the best, after it improves some. Some therapy places have hot tubs and pools. If you have one close, they are the best for getting range back. I think I told you, I didn't get started soon enough, because of misdiagnosis and my left hand only came half way, and froze up there.
Something that helps me more a lot is anti-anxiety lorazepam, if i feel real anxious, they can keep a flare from coming on. Take care, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote