View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A LDN Testimonial

Hi,
Below is a post from a Yahoo lowdosenaltrexone member on her father who has PD. Like me, she is still unsure if LDN is too good to be true but so far, so good.
Also the previous post on this thread about naltrexone side effects. I believe these side effects are for the standard naltrexone dose of 50 mg or more which is used for treating addiction. Note that LDN (4.5 mg) for MS and other diseases is prescribed at 1/12th the 50 mg dose. Side effects at 4.5 mg dosage would be minimal.
If curious about LDN, please read some of the research papers from Dr. J. Hong at the NIH posted on this thread to try and understand how LDN could work.
Ashley

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lowdosenaltrexone/
Dear Friends,

My dad has been using LDN for PD since October 2004. He continues to have success using it as an incredibly important part of his treatment program. We were able to lower his medication by over 60% and he has not needed any medication increases since. After starting LDN his rigidity disappeared, balance, movement, speech and general health improved. He continues to get the same benefit from using this drug.

It is true that LDN does not work for everyone due to receptor issues, they think. This is the case in MS as well. There definitely will be a percentage of people that any drug will not work for, or work as well.

I believe that this is an individual experience and each person needs to see how well it will work for them.

An excellent contact to ask about PD and LDN is Dr. Skip Lenz who has many new patients using it for PD.

Since the numbers of people using LDN for PD are just beginning to grow I think it is too early to make any assumptions.

My best wishes to all,

Destiny
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote