View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A Welcomed Discovery

Hello to all -
My name is Llakel and I live in The Bahamas.

I have been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis since 1992. I have been taking Mestinon consistently and have had 2 or 3 occasions when we had to add prednisone. Three weeks ago everything seemed to go downhill and so now I am currently on prednisone and mestinon but my doctor wants to move on to cellcept - which for some reason - terrifies me.

But my current symptoms makes it impossible to me to have a "normal" day. For instance - I used to get up at 6:30 a.m. in time to get ready for work and drop my son to school. I can no longer do that - I have to rest-up until about 8:00 am and take a leisurely time getting ready for work and usually have to take a breather by early afternoon. I'm used to going constantly - all day - taking care of child, home and work. But now - I feel so limited and recently - literally breathless.

I used to be a part of an online MG support group but that forum has been discontinued and I found during that time that the most informing information was from those who were in the same shoes - so to speak.

That is why I am elated to find this group and want to say I look forward to any light that can be shed on MG is any way and will endeavour to enlighten/support any whom I might be able to help.

So my first most humble request is - what are your thoughts/experiences with cellcept?

I look forward to chatting.
Llakel Hart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote