View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Pamster, here's my post on the site you listed...thanks again for listing it.

To the loved ones of Steve Irwin,

Steve is a major influence in my autistic son’s life, and in mine. His shining presence on television in our home is cherished and enjoyed.

His death came as such a shock. When I saw his little 8 year old daughter in recent clips of him, jump into his arms, I just burst out crying. My heart goes to his children, his wife, his father, sisters, Wes...all of his loved ones.

The Irwin’s life was charmed, full of work - full of giving back. Giving back to people, animals, the earth itself. People like that are so very rare, entire families like that - I don’t think I’ve ever heard of. You shared yourselves with the world, a very selfless giving choice.

Steve was one of a kind. His enthusiasm and energy level is one of a kind, delightful and infectious. He was a champion of animal and environmental conservation, more than any other I know of, a Martin Luther King of reptiles.

He lost his life doing a documentary for others, to educate others to better appreciate wildlife. He died as he lived, a wildlife warrior.

His legacy will never fade.

God help you through this time of great loss,
My love to you,
Lisa
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote