View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Myasthenia Going Downhill

Hello all - I was diagnosed with MG in 1992 and since then mestinon has been a saving grace for me - 2 tablets every four hrs. I had two occasions when my Dr added prednisone (including now) because about 3 weeks ago I have massive generalized weakness - went to ER and got prednisone IV.

My Drs wants me to now give Cellcept a try - which terrifies me because I have heard so much about its side effects. So I'm now weighing - the side effects of cellcept - or - the much limited daily routine I am now experiencing?

I'm in management and so my work schedule is usually 9-10 hrs a day, with a bright and early start dropping my son off to school - coming home from work for homework time and a little one-on-one play time. But in the past few weeks I have been unable to keep this schedule - I no longer drop my son off to school and I've had to hire someone to oversee his homework. I find this somewhat depressing. So the question is - will cellcept get me be back on the road I've been used to or do I accept this more limited schedule.

I meet with my neurologist soon to discuss but your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Llakel
Llakel Hart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote