View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You may want to try Cellcept

Hello there! First let me say welcome to this site! You are really going to meet some wonderful people here on neurotalk!

I too was worried about Cellcept, but have been on it 2-3 months and it seems to be OK so far. In fact, my neuro just upped my dose to 2000 mg a day - it was @ 1000, but kept my prednisone @ 15 mgs a day.

I am still new to this whole MG thing (diagnosed March, had a thymectomy in April) but had a crisis and was told my thymectomy was my only real chance @ regaining my former life..........so I did it......

When I spoke with my neuro regarding Cellcept, he assured me that if it was his wife/him that suffered from MG he/his wife would definitely take it. Apparently (per Dr. Ibrahim) it has the same effect as prednisone without all the nasty side effects of steroids (weight gain, moon face, manic episodes, etc).........

I don't know if this has helped at all, but hope you do whatever you need to in order to feel better soon!

Hang in there!
Erin

There are quite a few people on this site who take Cellcept and know a lot more than I do - hopefully Missygirl will know something about it........