View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prayers requested

My cousin died yesterday after a long illness. I'm doing fairly well, but her husband and two adult children are hurting very badly.

She had a glioblastoma. It is a large, cancerous brain tumor. It is the same condition that Ted Kennedy is suffering with.

It started off as a smaller tumor, but recently grew in size and was re-classified. The doctors lost hope. She was assigned at home hospice care. Her husband has been doing a lot of that care as well.

As a side note, I wanted to mention is that I went to visit her about two weeks ago. We live many states apart. I have never done anything like this before. I do think this was a positive experience for all concerned.

Right after I left, I sent her a special "care" package, based on what I learned during my time with her. They say she loved it.

Tenatively, there will be a brief memorial/life celebration service and I will not likely attend. However, I already feel a sense of closure forming and I am happy with my decision to visit with her prior to her passing.

Prayers would be greatly appreciated for her spouse and children. Prayers that I have the right words to be of help to them in the coming months.
I could also use prayers as well. She was my closest relative...I really am unfamiliar with the others and they are far, far away. I have a sense of lonliness with all of this, but am trying hard not to focus on it.

Thank you.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote