View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Help Flatulence & other bowel problems

I wonder if anyone can help one of my fellow Ozzie MSers who has appealed to me for information. Here's the letter that she sent, and as I don't have the right answers for her, I'm wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom that might help her.

For years, even before my diagnosis (diagnosed Oct 18th 07) I have been suffering from tummy pain/wind - probable IBS, but not officially diagnosed.

I did Boot camp in 2005 and hurt myself, and then went to physio. Whatever he did caused sciatica - disc bulges x 2. After the 1st disc bulge I tried pilates but too embarrassed to continue that when I developed flatulence and loss of control.

I have noticed since being diagnosed that I don't have very good bowel control and it is distressing. I have tried many medications and seen a physio about pelvic floor exercises.

I went off Prozac thinking this did something but it made no difference. Somedays it feels like everything would fall out. Maybe twice per week if that, I get the normal urge to go but I really need to run.

I can't go the gym sometimes due to embarrassment. I have tried going off different foods but this hasn't made any difference, although certain foods do stir things up.

I am even researching any operations that could fix the problem as I am not going to go through life putting up with this.

My mother says it is nerve damage and my neurologist has referred me to an continence advisory nurse. I have even tried laxatives but these cause accidents.

Do you know of anyone that has the same problem, and if so what have they done to ease it?

Last edited by Koala77; 11-04-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote