View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Koala,

I've experienced what you are going through. Though I am in limbo land of my symptoms and the doctors don't know what is exactly going on with my body right now I do understand what you are talking about.

When I was in my twenties I had a similar problem with flatulance. It was a very embarrassing problem. No one understood it. I too, tried taking away foods, avoiding pop, caffiene, etc. went to therapy and even the therapist didn't comprehend what I was talking about- which really threw me for a loop. I went through numerous MD's and finally one sent me to get a colonoscopy test. Everything came back okay which was a relief but they still had no explaination at that time.

In the midst of all of this I also was having difficult PMS problems. I didn't understand what was going on with that either. Years later my DH and I ended up going through infertility to find out I had endometriosis all over the colon and female organs. I had two seperate lap outpatient surgeries to remove the endometriosis. It helped relieve the flatulance but then it always came back- the endo did. Usually, for most women it goes away. For my case, I ended up being the 1% that ended up with it destroying my female organs and the doctors were worried it would spread to more organs so on my 30th birthday- they told me I was to have a full hysterectomy. It ended up being the best thing for me. I thought that the surgery was a blessing. I felt great afterwards and have not had any problems except constipation since. No more flatulance either. For me, it was all of that endometriosis causing it in my situation.

My mom sometimes has flatulance problems, but hers is different. She is always eating plain yogurt or any form of yogurt with culture in it. The yogurt is suppose to help balance out the enzymes in your stomach. Another person mentioned the yogurt as well. It really does help and if it doesn't work, then you need to continue as being the best advocate you can be with this. Don't give up hope.

Also, when the flatulance problem began, and I didn't know anything about it or the endo, which was about an 8 year period- so the flatulance problem lasted that long for me (the yogurt didn't work for me due to the endo) it was very embarrassing at work. I took a lot of slack for it, was ridaculed, and eventually quit a job because of it. People can be very stupid, childish, and mean even when they are grown adults. And, that- is very, very sad. My heart goes out to you.

Hang in there!!

Hugs,

Coffeegirl
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (11-04-2008), SallyC (11-04-2008), Tree55 (11-04-2008)