View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

Hello Guys and Gals! I haven't posted in awhile. I am done working at the care center and I am waiting to start my new job at the hospital. I had my first care center resident pass away last week. It was pretty devastating. I am a no holds barred type of person. I love with all that I have to give and I don't know how to protect myself from this type of hurt when you lose someone that you have taken care of and have really developed a bond with. People tell me that I need to have stronger boundaries...I just don't know how to do that. I don't want to become an uncaring person but I now realize the need to protect my heart a little bit more. It is something that I will need to figure out.

In addition to all of this, I spent three days last week painting the inside of my house. It was a big job to tackle and I am happy to say that it turned out really well...inspite of my shaky hands! I learned a new technique for cutting in and it worked like a charm. The house looks beautiful! I wish I could say that I did all of this painting without feeling any pain or discomfort, but that would be a lie. I am still recovering from the workout.

Steve, I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that Laura is having. I will keep you both in my prayers. I will pray that God leads you to the place where Laura will find the care that she needs to get her moving forward again. I will pray that God continues to keep you both strong, inspite of whatever may come your way, so that you may continue to be a blessing to eachother. It is awesome to me that in this big, crazy world you two have found eachother and are fighting the good fight together. God Bless.
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote