View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=FluteMaker;402069]it sounds like your cat may just be getting bored being alone. a lot of times destructive behavior can be traced back to an animal being bored. its like with kids; "there wasnt anything better to do". if you can stomach the electric bill you might try leaving the television or a radio on while youre out. something for the cat to hear people talking and make him think hes not alone in the apartment. other than that you may need to put him up in a crate or bathroom while youre out to minimize the mess[/QUOT

I always leave the tv on for him. This isn't a major problem as I don't get out much anymore.............doctors appointments and rides on my scooter on nice days when the pain levels are reasonable. I think what I need to do is give him a good, hard play session immediately before going out and make certain he has had his Rescue drops that morning.

This is going to be managable. He doesn't destroy things and always uses the litter box if I am out. Never that kind of a mess. He reminds me of a toddler who knows just how far he can push things and goes no farther. If worse comes to worse, I can crate him. There's no point in putting him in the bathroom because he can pop the door open.

Since this is my first house cat, I was primarily wanting to know if his behavior was "over the top" for a cat his age. He is still young and I am certain he will mellow out more with time. He is a fun companion.
Jane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote