View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:53 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member
Default saw new pain doc, fingers crossed worked! Also, anyone done the office ketamine?

Well, just got home from the new pain doc was so nervous about. Absolutly loved him. one of the first things he said was that he was suprised at what high doses of both the Methadone and the OXYIR I was taking, as in more than he would even consider doing! I had started to be concerned cause even though I love love love my old pain doc, we weren't tying any treatments and seemed to just kep uping my meds. I know some people would love that, me, get tired specially when you realize that whenlook at all the meds you take and the daily amount of pills, you are taking 42pills a day!!!!
SO, He is puyttingin for a PT eval to get medicare to pay for a tens unit for me at home, were doing the office ketamine treatment Dec. 3rd, I told him before had my SCS (which due to staph infection was taken out 6 weeks after implantback in 06) that was doing over night epidurals and they were great. He brought up doing week long ones at home with a catheter. Both things definatly have been interested in doing, but my old doc didnt do ketamine at all would do the single shot epidurals but driving 2 hrs to do it and then sittingfor 2 hrs to get homewas just to hard. This doc is 20 min away. He also is switching me fronm effexor which hasnt helped with the nerve pain nor the depression to Cimbalta, another med to help keep me awake during the day rather than feel constantly in such a fog. SO, decided right then and there would do a pain contract with him and change.
I feel bad though like just deserting a doc that has treated me great the last 9 yeras. He understood when mentioned to him was looking for one closer and totally understood, even said if found one and down the line wasnt happy and wanted to come back, his door would always be open. Getting him a thank you card and sening him a thank you with a little gift.
Now my question, has anyone done the office ketamine infusion? how was it? side effects? how long did it help for? if anyone that has could letme know I would really appreciate it.
HOpe all are having a pain free or close to one day
Blessed Be
Deb
RSD is not who we are, we are survivors and fightersZ!!!!!
Debbie V is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote