View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimS View Post
This has been in the news lately. And generally speaking, I wouldn't post about it here. However, my attention was brought to a blog that is so funny I just had to share it for a weekend chuckle.

It's called

That is hilarious! Very well written and with such an interesting perspective. I loved the part about Victoria Secrets!

I have a funny story about this as well. After my first child was born, I went to the airport to pick up my mother-in-law and introduce her to our newborn. She looked at Robbie and blurted out "This baby is jaundice"!! Of course, I knew nothing about jaundice, I just thought he had good coloring.

Anyhow, we rushed to the hospital, and I was in the waiting room waiting for Robbie to be "re-admitted" to be under the lights. I was actually in the waiting room of the brand new "Fairfax County Women and Children Center". The doctor had told me that breast feeding helps to clear the billirubin so I tucked myself into a corner to breastfeed while I was waiting to be admitted. And as you can guess, a huge security guard started giving me a hard time about breastfeeding and he just wouldn't go away. I kept telling him to basically "go away" but he kept hounding me to the point that I told him "PLEASE go talk to the hospital administrators and THEN come back". The whole thing was hugely stressful for a first time mother. (Also, as you can imagine, I was raging with Celiacs at the time so I wasn't exactly healthy and "cool as a cucumber"). I meant to write a letter since the whole situation was so absurd, but I got immersed in new baby tasks and I think I was pretty out of it from the Celiacs anyhow.

Grace
graceperson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote