View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

In many ways, you are me Nikki. And it doesn't pain me to talk about Michael and his terrible choice because I have finally come to grips with it...I have accepted it (we won't talk about my anger right now..*grin)

A series of events have lead me to another path and it's really interesting to see the domino effect we can have on one another. I had to go to my Pastor for help before I could continue to help my neighbor...something too graphic that her husband said, something I couldn't get out of my mind. Once that was "lifted from me" I was able to help in a "hands on" kind of way that I had never experienced before and that's when I realized what was missing....what should have and could have helped me so many years ago. A support group...a good support group.

Please give it a try....I know they are out there, I also know there are bad ones out there but you won't know until you try. In fact they say you should attend 3 meetings before making the decision about it helping.

And taking meds this first year is so beneficial Nikki...you have way too much else going on in your life.

And keep talking here....we care...you are loved.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (11-06-2008), Nik-key (11-05-2008)