View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

247Pain,

I am so very sorry to hear about everything that your daughter is and has been through . Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you but just wanted to say that I wish you all the best and really hope you can get some much needed answers real soon. Please keep us all updated.

I have RSD in my left leg and right arm, I developed it in March 2007 when I was 12 years old, I am now 13. If I can help you in anyway, please just let me know, I am more than happy to help you and your daughter has I know how scary it can be dealing with such an horrible illness, especially at such a young age.

About the colour changes, my leg and arm can go from being the normal colour one minute to being purple, black or red the next. It is pretty scary. Everyone is different and not 2 cases of RSD are the same. I have tried many treatments and not many have worked for me, I have tried so many medications that I have lost count and the only one that has any impact on my pain is Ketamine. It is really scary being on such a strong med at my age. I have been on 2 intense Physical Therapy programs and the first one helped me (I was stuck in a wheelchair for 13 months) but the second one didn't help me at all.

Am keeping you, your daughter and your family in my thoughts and please know I am here for you

Love, Alison