View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi everyone, I have joined this forum as I am looking for any advice and information on aneurysm and recovery from it. My mom suffered a ruptured aneurysm 8 weeks ago. It was on the left side, and the aneurysm was successfully clipped. It has been a scary and terrible time for myself and my family, as this was a bolt out of the blue for all of us. I do not have much information to go on as to recovery and what to expect in the next few weeks and months. My mom is doing well,she has a slight weakness in her right side, and her words are coming out jumbled quite often. Does anyone know if it is normal to have headaches in the weeks post-aneurysm? she is also having problems with her sight, where she can only see half of everything on the left side and not much at all on the right side. We have been told that this may or may not improve, its just a waiting game really.

I was also wondering if there is anyone who has come through this and gone on to lead the life that they had before, and how long it has taken them?
I hope that I can help with any questions, or anything really that others have, I will be happy to hear from you
I live in Scotland, so sorry if I do not reply to you right away (time difference!)
Thanks
LucyLou85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote