View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I recieved this in an email today, in responce to my inquiry about the
support offered at our local SOS chapter.....

"Time heals all wounds is not necessarily true for survivors of suicide. Time is necessary for healing, but time is not enough. Shared feelings enrich and lead to growth and healing."

The Circle

From within the circle, we talk about the past, I hear cries for fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters and friendships we thought would last.

And we ache for the arms of a loved one of a time too short lived and of questions left more piercing than a knife. Oh, the questions come hauntingly, pressing your mind, when a loved one takes their own life.

In the Circle I dare reach out my hand.
In the Circle help me see there's a plan for me.

And my story becomes yours as we struggle through the pain.
In the Circle, we remember their names.

We have daydreams of the future about how we thought it might be, with regrets of conversations that might have been the key.

We are angry and confused as we struggle for our breath. Our hearts cry out in anger in what has been labeled a senseless death.

We have good days and bad days, and without a trace, in the circle, tears and smiles meet as we gather strength together.

Sons and daughters, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters and friendships felt deep in our souls, memories and moments left clinging to us, and questions of how to let go.

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (11-05-2008), Burntmarshmallow (11-06-2008), DMACK (11-06-2008), Twinkletoes (11-06-2008)