View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Welcome

Hi and welcome to neurotalk Jean This particular forum has little activity, unless you count the news bot lol. I rarely check in. I am however always available if you wish to talk. Just IM me It is a horrible disease, and so very hard to witness.

I belong to an online support group for spouses only. The issues in dealing with Alzheimer's in your spouse is unique and different than caring for a parent or grandparent etc, the founder of the site realized this and created a safe haven for us. Please do come join us

http://thealzheimerspouse.com

My heartfelt sympathy for all you are going through, and will experience.
Know that you are not alone. Thinking of you, Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanfromwales View Post
Hi Nikky. I have just signed up so am new to this. I am so pleased to hear about your husband responding to the medication. My husband was put on one anti psychotic but it left him like a robot, so I took him off it, and now he is on a very low dose of a different one and seems a bit better, but still very insecure and childlike and although he is supposed to be in the early stages, he sleeps every time he sits down and is no company at all. It is a very lonely life and thank goodness for my internet!!! Jean.

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote