View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wishing all you 'mericans a happy Thanksgiving!

We celebrate in October up here in the frozen north. So the next turkey on my agenda is a little over a month away (unless you count the kind that don't fit into the poultry catagory). You'd think they'd spread the Turkey days out a bit... have one in say late spring and then one at Christmas.
I don't cook them anymore anyway. I noticed a flyer advertising a deep fryer for your Turkey for a mere $199.00...I understand that's an excellent way to burn your house down Or give yourself a heart attack/stroke by adding yet another way of getting your bad cholestrol counts up there where they can really do some damage.

Well it looks like another very wet week in our part of the magic forest. We're having record rainfalls for the month of Nov. Yesterday they had a fight break out at Costco over bottled water (we're on a boiled water advisory from the local authorities) We are having record rainfalls and the water is full of sediment. It sorta turns you off showering or taking a bath too. Personally, if it saves me the trouble by having one less thing to do I can live with it. I'm starting to look a little grubby. This is one of those times when having no sense of smell pays off. So till next week, have a good one. cheers, and go easy on the mashed potatoes and gravey!
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote