View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Excruciating nerve pain???

Okay, I'm getting more and more confused. Yes, I have MS, but is that what is causing my pain?

I've complained of joint pain....then it goes away....and the same with all over achiness (comes and goes).

Now I'm getting really bad pain in my lower back (some relief with stretching) and REALLY bad pain in my neck/shoulder area. If I didn't have MS I would call it a pinched nerve and if I move just right... nearly brings tears to my eyes. I try everything I can...heat/ice/whirlpool baths....anything to get some relief. I don't know if spasticity is causing this or I have slept wrong and 5 days later it has still not corrected itself.
Yesterday I laid on the floor and couldn't even get up. The pain was excruciating just to put any pressure on my shoulder or neck muscles when trying to get up.

I have seen a chiropractor for different things, but I would actually be scared for him to touch me!!
I'm taking baclofen (10mg) 3 x per day and haven't noticed a difference.

Anyone think this is MS related? Should I try a higher dose of Baclofen? Its like having Sciatica of the neck!!

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote