View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back again

Hi:

Just got back (last night) from Norway. Several weeks ago my wife and I flew to Bergen to board a ship for a 2 week cruise along the Norwegian coast. We made it beyond the Arctic Circle as far north as the Norwegian/Russian border. No Northern Lights although we looked for it every night. The weather was so so; rainy at times although there were also some beautiful days. I'm glad that I can still make it although European side walks are hard on my balance.

While in Norway I saw my former post-doctoral students (two of them). Both are working for the Polar Institute in Bergen. One of them suggested that I come to Norway to work with them. I'm sure he was jesting but I checked with my wife just to make sure that she would come with me in case he wasn't. She said yes, she would come.

Sorry I missed the Hope Conference. Actually I didn't even know about it. I suppose if I had known my wife would have agreed to accompany me. I generally don't travel alone any more unless it's over a short distance. Coming home, I got some bad news; a colleague died in my absence. We had worked together for more than 40 years. He will be missed.

All the best.

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote