Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan53 View Post
Hi Mrs D
yes your right Dr just examined me and said it was arthritis both knee's started at the same time i've never had problems before ...... But i am seeing my Neuro' in 3 weeks as my main health problem is Myasthenia gravis which is slowly geting worse....... also started having pains in both wrists and fingers but only mild i will ask for tests thou
What i thought was it was due to my medication but Dr said no.
Alan
Medications can cause a condition called pseudo-lupus.
I had that with my pregnancy. I had to take a blood pressure
tablet called hydralazine. After delivery both of my knees swelled up and I could barely walk --it was due to the drug.

Here is a good article on it:
http://autoimmunedisease.suite101.co..._related_lupus

Since MG is also autoimmune, there may be a connection.
Some people with gluten intolerance develop autoimmune
disease. This may resolve on a gluten free diet. You can have testing done. The Sticky in our Gluten forum has links to The Gluten File which explain the blood tests. You should continue eating gluten (wheat/rye/barley) until after the tests to get an accurate reading. Don't assume anything when stuff like this happens...assumptions are often wrong.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote