View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Denise, this is so funny you mentioned Trader Joe's. I just made my weekly run there this afternoon. If I am being careful and watching my diet, I do feel better. But I have to admit, on the way to Trader Joe's I ran through McDonalds and got a medium coffee. I need it to get through my little shopping trip. That is one of my big hurdles to tackle - get off the coffee. Do you think it made any difference when you omitted caffeine for three years? Are you still off of caffeine?

My husband too has said to me several times recently that I am in denial about the diagnosis of RSD. I am lucky because he is so supportive when I need him. It has been hard one him, I can tell, but he doesn't ever complain. Seeing me in pain all the time and no longer able to work has been hard (I am 51 this year and did not plan on retirement until 65). It sure has been a financial hardship on us. Health issues can sure change the course of one's plans.

What makes it worse for me is that I live in fear every day of RSD and a spread. I can deal with the change in lifestyle and social life better than I can deal with the fear of the unknown. I know other posters have said the same thing - they went to many doctors (like me) in the hopes of a new miracle or answer only to end up with more meds and more emotional exhaustion. I think if I can just accept it, then maybe I can put some energy into creating some balance, rather than just going from doctor to doctor.

As for the fibromyalgia, I can't even get a handle on that one. I know I hurt everywhere, it is like all my nerves are so irritated all the time. I can tell I have had the fibromyalgia longer than the RSD. I was just able to deal with it by taking Advil, Darvocet and a few other meds.

I was interested in what another poster (I think her name is Cinnamon) had said recently about fibromyalgia and a connection to viruses we are exposed to. I know for sure I never felt the same after having a really bad case of mono (Epstein Bar) when I was 18-years old. It took me a year to get any energy back and from that time on I had constant aches, sore throats, exhaustion and flu -ike symptoms. This poster said her doctor gave her some antiviral meds and she felt better, along with some other treatments. I wonder if there could be a connection. It is very possible I think since doctors are not yet sure of the cause.

Well, my arms hurt (RSD in my left arm) so I will stop for now.

LIsa
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (11-12-2008), GmaSue (01-23-2009)