Thread: Limbo-Land
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Debbie- The migraines that I have usually put me on the couch for the day, and make me a useless person. I become very tired, the pain eases in slowly at first, which is when I know it is coming on, then-boom, it happens all at once, the pain is intense and it is very unbearable. Sometimes I wake up with intense pain and it is so bad I'm not able to get out of bed. The pain location for me is from the top of my head to the forehead down to the temples and it throbs constantly. The neuro put me on a migraine medication but I cant' remember the name of it. It starts with an 'A' and if I take it when the migraine begins it basically stops the migraine all togetehr. I also take 150 mgs of Topamax too for migraines/bpd. I'm sorry that your migraines are bothersome. They can be overwhelming at times when they happen and sometimes just more than imaginable due to the pain. Do you get sick with your migraines? My sister gets nauseated with her migraines.

Brainbegone-Thank you for your comforting words and sharing your story. It sounds like you have been throgh a lot. I'm sorry that you have been through so much. It appears many have been through a lot of ups/downs to get some kind of a dx here or for another form of dx. Frustrating.

you mad some great points about how to look at things in life. Thank you for giving a different perspective with the smallest things in life- that we all take forgranted. Yesterday I was sitting in my kitchen and noticed a squirrel on our deck. Normally I wouldn't think anything of it but I noticed how pretty the animal was and how much I'd love to share that beauty with my family- so I grabbed the camera and snapped some pictures of the squirrel before it ran off. Amazingly, that little incident was theh highlight of my day!! Silly, yes, but it made me appreciate the beauty in nature and life. So, I understand what you are talking about.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

Coffeegirl
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote