Old 11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
Sandy
I have a technique that has worked for me. I feel that I must enjoy today, as much as I can and should be thankful for the size or weight of todays problems because they are still not as bad as they can be and will be. If I let myself feel miserable today, I will leave nothing for tomorrow but put a rope around my neck. In the future I will think back of today and say that I was stupid because I did not give myself the chance to enjoy life when i still could.

I devised this technique because all my life I felt I was ugly, but every time I saw a picture of me when younger i thought, Oh, was I beautiful then and do not understand how I could have felt ugly. So today, even though what I see in the mirror is an ugly woman, I KNOW and i FEEL I am beautiful because in 10 years from now, or maybe 5 or three, I will not look as GOOD as I look NOW. Wrinkles, white hair, lumps of fat, hanging skin do not bother me anymore.
Margarita
Well said and thank you.