View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess18 View Post
I have heard from people on this board that couldnt take Lyrica. Anyone find that it is of great help for their burning pain? I am wondering if anyone has taken it and found:

1. Lessening of burning symptoms
2. Little to no weight gain
3. No swelling

If so, how long and what dosage do you take in order for it to be effective for you? Does the Lyrica increase your appetite or slow down your metabolism?
I saw my Neuro and am not sure what I am going to do yet. I do beleive in the old adage, " if it ain't broke"... I am on Neurontin 2200 mg and Elavil 20mg, and find that it works for me, but I do have days where I am on the couch with ice for 3 days because the burning increases. I think it may be becuse of PMS or a flare. It almost seems like it gets in my head where I start negating all of the good days. My Neuro says I can try the Lyrica, so I am not sure. I don't have side effects on the Neurontin, but I guess I am just curious if it would be even better, so I thought I would ask people's thoughts.
thank you Jess
I have been taking Lyrica for over 2 years and have had no side effects. I am small (5'3", 110lbs) and never experianced the weight gain some people speak of. I am on 600mg/ day. I would not be able to function with out it. It greatly diminishes the sharp, stabbing, shooting and burning pain I feel in my right leg, a result of damaged nerves from a car accident. I would reccomenmd trying it if your doc. thinks it would help you.

Good luck!
KDShan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote